On the morning of September 22, people who have chosen to travel to work or study a bicycle, as well as other environmentally friendly means of transport, will be given fruit. Volunteers of the Minsk Cycling Society will wait for the participants and participants of the action in six locations in the capital.
Treats for choosing sustainable transport will be available from 7.00 to 10.00 at the following addresses:
- Near the Stele "Minsk - Hero City" (intersection of Masherov Avenue and Pobediteley Avenue);
- Near the entrance to the Botanical Garden (Independence Avenue);
- On Pushkin Avenue (to the Chigladze stop, opposite the house at 85 Pushkin Avenue).
- Near the Belarusian State Academic Musical Theater (Myasnikova str., 44).
- Opposite the Belarus department store (54 Partizansky Ave.);
- Near the sports and entertainment complex "Minsk-Arena" (Prospect Pobediteley, 111);
- And there will also be a point from a business that decided to support the action - Bicycle shop SPRINT (st.Kuibyshev, 41).
According to the director of the Minsk Cycling Society Anastasia Yanchevskaya, many Minsk residents rediscovered the bicycle and its capabilities in 2020:
- Bicycle workshops and bicycle handlers speak of a very large increase in demand from March to July, - Anastasia notes.
By the way, not only cyclists will be treated to the Day without a car, but also people on other environmentally friendly modes of transport - mono-wheels, segways, roller skates, skateboards, scooters.
The event will be held in Minsk for the 6th time. The action is one of the activities European Mobility Week, which takes place around the world from September 16 to 22. The theme of the EHM-2020 is the promotion of low-carbon modes of transport - "Emission-free mobility”(“ Zero-emission mobility for all ”). The motto of 2020 was the call “Choose what to move on»('Choose your move').
The event was organized by the Minsk City Committee for Natural Resources and Environmental Protection.