Civil society organizations filed a complaint about massive violation of citizens' rights. In their appeal, they call on the authorities to declare the elections invalid, end the violence and release the detained peaceful demonstrators, as well as begin negotiations to resolve the situation.
Non-profit organizations, initiative groups and working groups can join the appeal. You can subscribe by filling out google form.
Open appeal of non-profit organizations, initiative groups and working groups on street clashes
The last elections held in Belarus on August 9, 2020 were accompanied by massive violations of citizens' rights and cannot be recognized as free and democratic. In the current political situation and the situation of street clashes between citizens and law enforcement agencies, in order to avoid an escalation of violence, we, the undersigned, call on the Belarusian authorities:
- immediately end violence against peaceful protesters;
- release all those detained during the election campaign and peaceful protests;
- recognize that the elections did not take place due to massive violations of the electoral process;
- start negotiations with protesters;
- stop blocking the internet.
A complete list of organizations that have signed the appeal, published on the website of the Assembly of Public Organizations of Belarus.